Just had an earful from the Poison Dwarf, my evil Peruvian flatmate, about having my cousin and her friend stay at the flat for 3 days without telling her they were coming, and then said she was angry because I was late paying the money for the bills this month. I don't know if that's why she was pissed off, or if she's just being nasty or what, but I'm really sick of her and all her BS. She's so hypocritical that it really annoys me. For example: I didn't tell her about my cousin coming - just like she didn't tell me when her friend was coming to stay, and the first I knew about it was when I bumped into a strange man in my hallway, and even after that she didn't introduce me to him or anything! Also, she moans about the kitchen being a mess, which is fair enough because it annoys me too - people leaving their dirty dishes in the sink for days and days, but the only time she says anything about it is when it's her turn to clean-up according to her monthly cleaning rota. The rest of the time she isn't bothered. She also told me I had to take the rubbish out last week becasue there were already three bags. Fair enough, I hadn't noticed the bags and it was my turn (that's a whole other rota), but then this week it was her turn, and the full bags of rubbish sat there for days until someone else took them out today, even though it was her turn. Nor has she bothered to clean the kitchen this week, I notice. What I basically mean is, that she acts like it's one rule (her's) for everyone and whatever the hell she wants for herself.
I'm sick of feeling like I'm walking on eggshells, scared to do anything that would give her reason to kick me out (although it's not even her flat, she's the one who deals with the rent and the contracts and stuff - I think it's her dad's flat that he bought her, and that's why she acts like it's her own, but she's never said so).
So...why don't I move out? Well, money. With my rotten pay at the bar and the problems I'm having with the bank in Scotland, I don't have a penny to spare and moving into a new flat means paying the rent for that month plus a deposit which is nigh-on impossible, although I'll get the deposit back from P.D. when I move out of here. Found the perfect flat - same street, same lovely courtyard with a fountain and a doorman... - but I just honestly don't know if I could make it work. I'm barely holding on now, in all seriousness, and I just can't spend money like that!
All in all I've had an awful weekend and I'm feeling very low and vulnerable. Starting to have thoughts about just hoppping a plane to Glasgow and fucking everything here. Except I can't. Not only do I have no money for a flight (although I know my granny would lend me the money if I asked her) but I have to keep paying these bills at the bank and if I go back home I would be without a job and without ANY money which is just plain irresponsible, and liable to get me in even more trouble with the banks. Also, I'm 24 (almost! I'm not old yet, I'm not, I'm not!) and I can't just run away from problems - being an adult might suck but nevertheless I have to accept problems and deal with them head-on, no matter how unpleasant it may be. So, it looks like I'm here in the flat with bitchface for the foreseeable future. Bollocks.
Sunday, 9 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment