
Went out for lunch today with the people from my work and and a really lovely time. We went because one of the women who works there is leaving this week to move back to Bolivia, and apart from the meal and everything being nice, she got a bit emotional and said how much she had loved working there and how when she started working in the pub it was like finding a family here in Spain after leaving her's behind in Bolivia, and then the boss said that everyone who worked in the pub said the same thing, and that they always remembered the people who worked there, but that it went both ways - it really was a big family: the people who moved on were always remembered as well. It made me feel really fortunate to have found a job where the people are so nice and welcoming, and even though I've been thinking about going home in 6 months I suddenly found myself thinking that it wouldn't be so bad to stay on at the pub. Don't know if I will or not, I'll have to do a lot more thinking but I had such a lovely day today that I feel all happy and content. It took me a long time to make any friends here and just recently I've been feeling quite lonely, but knowing that I can be friends with the people I work with makes me feel so much better.
Anyway, after lunch we went for a few drinks and we all sank a cocktail or two - Caipirinhas and Mojitos - and got a bit merry. I even got up and danced the fucking macarena in front of everyone after dropping into conversation the fact that I won a dancing competition for the Macarenca at a school disco. I'm glad I did though (obviously the alcohol helped me along a bit) because I wanted people to see the fun me and just have a laugh with everyone. Sometimes I'm quieter than I'd like to be, especially in large groups of people, so it was good to just get up and make a tit of myself!
My cousin Jenny's coming over to visit for a few days this week so I can't wait to see her, I should really be tidying my bloomin' room before she gets here though instead of wasting time fannying about online. This Internet milarky gets awful addictive, no??
Anyway, after lunch we went for a few drinks and we all sank a cocktail or two - Caipirinhas and Mojitos - and got a bit merry. I even got up and danced the fucking macarena in front of everyone after dropping into conversation the fact that I won a dancing competition for the Macarenca at a school disco. I'm glad I did though (obviously the alcohol helped me along a bit) because I wanted people to see the fun me and just have a laugh with everyone. Sometimes I'm quieter than I'd like to be, especially in large groups of people, so it was good to just get up and make a tit of myself!
My cousin Jenny's coming over to visit for a few days this week so I can't wait to see her, I should really be tidying my bloomin' room before she gets here though instead of wasting time fannying about online. This Internet milarky gets awful addictive, no??
No comments:
Post a Comment