Friday, 14 November 2008

Best laid plans, and all that...

'Oh What a Beautiful Morn...Hey, what the ...??'

This was my reaction when after a nice, peaceful sleep I woke up feeling refreshed and went into the kitchen to make my coffee, and found a note scrawled in red pen stuck up on the wall ordering me to 'pay my debts'. My debts of 1.50€ that I apparantly owe the PD.

Just to put that into perspective: 1.50€ is about 1GBP or 2US$. Why she didn't just add this to the lecture she gave me the other night, I don't know. The only conclusion I've come up with, is that she just wanted to be mean. It sounds childish, I know, but I really can't think of any other reason. Maybe I've gotten too into my own head, and maybe the full-time architect whose parents still pay her rent (she's 35) really desperately needed that 1.50, but...

Ah see, now my sarcastic side has raised its head. Sufficit to say: I'm looking for a new flat. My new plan is to not speak to her at all, unless she pushes me at which point I will no longer feel the need to hold my tongue. Until then I'm going to do my best to stick to my 'no evil thoughts' plan of yesterday, that's the reason I got such a good night's sleep last night, I'm sure! But I've added a P.S.: IF PD says one more nasty thing I really will let her have it.


Peace may be good for the soul, but sometimes standing up for yourself is just as liberating...

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Hey I noticed you're following my blog. Thanks for stopping by. You seem interesting. Geez sorry about your roommate, she really doesn't seem very nice to live with at all. $2, oh my gosh! That's barely anything, and to put it in red writing like that, how dramatic! Anyways, just wanted to say hi.

Alyson